Thursday, December 10, 2009

How can I apply my makeup better, and what kinds should I use?

I have blonde hair and blue eyes, I want ot make my makeup look beautiful, yet natural and somewhat cheap (I have kinda bad acne) help please.How can I apply my makeup better, and what kinds should I use?
Start:


Wash your face with an all natural bar of soap


TRY: African Soap from Everyday Minerals





Face:


-primer: Try Smashbox Photo Finnish (Sephora stores) apply all over face after you wash and dry, it will help your makeup go on smooth, and allow it to last much longer before fading





-Foundation / Concealer: Try something with minerals, and if you have bad to server acne i would tend to stay away from liquid foundations.


TRY: Bare Minerals, or Everyday Minerals. They are light and natural. It looks like your wearing nothing, and feels like nothing too !





Eyes:


-Because you have blue eyes stick with Blues and browns


Apply a light blue all over the lid


Apply a brown in the outer corner


Use the dark blue to intensify and highlight


Use a brown liner under eyes, and to line your lashes


I would also use a lengthening or thickening mascara


TRY: Almay, or Everyday Minerals





Lips:


I always like to Stick with neutrals, just to add shine, and maybe only a little bit of color, so you dont look fake


My personal trick is to apply Vaseline to my lips.How can I apply my makeup better, and what kinds should I use?
I think you need a good foundation i personally use maybelline dream matte mousse which is a great foundation. Anything else i use cheaper brands (also i make sure i wear waterproof mascara)
Since your skin is a concern, don't use anything with oil in it. If you want to use a foundation, spring for a good quality brand because the cheaper ones definitely look cheaper, and make sure to perfectly match your skin tone. Don't ever try too hard to cover something up, because 99% of the time you'll just make it more noticeable. Don't ask me how I know that :)





As far as looking beautiful and natural, blend blend blend. Makeup lines are the absolute worst, you definitely don't want to look like you have warpaint on. I don't use any fancy pads or products to blend my makeup and usually only use my (clean) fingers to apply anything. I find this helps in blending a lot. Also use a lot of good lighting because makeup looks a lot different based on how much light there is where you are.





If you want to make your eyes pop, use colors that are opposite of your eye color on the color chart. For blue eyes, browns tend to look really good. Lipsticks should be within a few shades of your natural lip color if you want to go for a clean, natural look.





Hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tvs